Re: Gnome/sawfish - font problem (sid)

On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 06:00, Philippe Marzouk wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 06:21:06PM +0200, Claudio Bley wrote:
> > On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 14:50, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> > > Also, sawfish's options no longer appear in the Control centre menu.  I
> > > don't know if this is related, but both happened around the same time.
> >
> > Your sawfish was compiled for GNOME 2 - of course its options don't show up
> > in control-center 1.

I can't find a control-center 2 in sid.  What package is it in?

> Try 'sawfish-ui' to configure sawfish

That is what is run by the sawfish configuration button in the control
centre.  There is no option in it that affects the ugly font that it
uses.

I also tried gconf-editor.  Again, nothing in it seems to affect that
choice of fonts. (See http://people.debian.org/~elphick/weirdfonts.jpeg)

As usual with gnome, there seems to be a complete lack of useful
documentation.  The only docs we have are Microsoft level stuff - press
button x to do y.  Yuk!  Isn't there anything that describes the
underlying system?

Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
     "He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded
      us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is
      high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward
      them that fear him. As far as the east is from the
      west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from
      us."     Psalms 103:10-12