Re: FW: kernel source patching

On Thu, 05 Sep 2002 10:58:51 +1000
Russell <rjshaw@iprimus.com.au> wrote:

> Kenneth Macdonald Karlsen wrote:
>
> > I tried this and it fails...
> >
> > Im trying to build 2.4.19 with the command:
> > make-kpkg --initrd  kernel_image
>
> This is what i did that works:
>
> 1. download source from mirror and extract it in
> /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18

2.4.18 and 2.4.19 appear to be very different beasts.  I've had no problem
compiling my own versions of 2.4.18.  I recently tried
kernel-source-2.4.19 with a config from a 2.4.18 Debian kernel and got the
same error as the OP.  At the time I thought I was just doing something
wrong (which it appears I was).  I believe the key is in the config file
though, a basic diff of the two configs lists quite a few changes.

--
Jamin W. Collins