Re: Running IDE-SCSI on both drive

Zafer Dündar <zd@deltaproses.com> writes:
> I have an ide DVD-ROM (hdc) and an ide CD-RW (hdd) on my second IDE
> drive. I'm running IDE-SCSI for both of them.  My CD-RW works
> fine.It seems DVD-ROM works fine too.But I want to know, there is
> any advantage or disadvantage of using IDE-SCSI on hdc ?

Advantage: "it's slightly easier to set up."  Disadvantage: "the
device names are different."  I don't think it's really a big deal
either way; my desktop machine at home also has a DVD drive and a CD
burner, and I use IDE-SCSI for both, and it works fine.

(Actually, the one thing that does come up is that cdparanoia wants
access to the generic device if you're in a SCSI world, so you need to
make sure that the cdrom group owns that too, which is a minor bit of
configuration you don't need to do for IDE.)

	-- Abra Mitchell