Re: dual boot win2k as boot loader

So lilo won't overwrite Win2k's mbr and just doing an fdisk/ mbr will restore the orginal boot loader? Hmmm I was always told that once lilo took control of that machine then thats it you can't get win2k boot loader back with our reinstalling, but I have nevr tired it. This may work then.

ernst wrote:

Hi
I would just install debian, and configure lilo in MBR on hda. That would
not destroy windoze bootloader, just take controll over it:)

If you later want's to remove debian and lilo, you can just boot up with a
win98 boot/startupdisk and run "fdisk /mbr".
That's it.

Good Luck

/ernst