IP / Block

Hi, i didnt get this clearly..
I have my lan set as / (24)
Is this correct?

My friend told me to use / (Which i am confused)
Because he said my first entry was wrong..

A better explanation or website related information is such a big help!

The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) has reserved the
following three blocks of the IP address space for private networks:

We will refer to the first block as "24-bit block", the second as "20-bit
block", and the third as "16-bit" block".  Note that the first block is
nothing but a single class A network number, while the second block is a set
of 16 continuous class B network numbers, and the third block is a set of
continuous class C network numbers.