need help detecting device XFree86 4.2.0 + savage

  i wonder if someone could help me trying to detect my graphics device
using XFree86 4.2.0 which i've installed with Woody from the 8 CD-ROMs.

It seems that the X server cannot find the device - short extract from
the log:

> (II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
> (--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
> (EE) No devices detected.
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found

Any hints on finding my device? The config file and the log are here:

Any hints on my next step would be welcome...