Re: Need help with ZIP function in libarchive-zip-perl-0.11

----- Original Message -----
From: "PathFinder Software" <normand@pathfindersoftware.com>

> Anyone familiar with the Debian libarchive-zip-perl-0.11?

If you do not get an answer here, maybe you should try the usenet newsgroups
comp.lang.perl.modules or comp.lang.perl.misc

> I am looking for the destination path '/html/cgi-bin' to be included in
the
> ZIP when extracted but I just cannot make it work. It will list the files
in
> the ZIP but not the path.

it worked for me

> use CGI::Debug;

have you tried it not as a CGI ? I mean make a minimal non-CGI script
to do a simplified example oof what you want to do.

> use Archive::Zip qw( :ERROR_CODES :CONSTANTS );
> $zip = Archive::Zip->new();
> $zip->addTreeMatching( '/var/mnt/System/Web/wetrack4u/cgi-bin/temp',
> '/html/cgi-bin', '\.txt$' );
> die 'write error' unless $zip->writeToFileNamed( 'NewZip.zip' ) == AZ_OK;

your code snippet does not compile unchanged on my system, but this does:
    use Archive::Zip qw( :ERROR_CODES :CONSTANTS );

    use Archive::Zip::Tree;
    $zip = Archive::Zip->new();
    $zip->addTreeMatching( '.','/html/cgi-bin', '\.txt$' );
    die 'write error' unless $zip->writeToFileNamed( 'NewZip.zip' ) ==
AZ_OK;

this, save as 'zip.pl' and run in a directory containing some .txt files
seems to work as expected when run by command line:
  perl zip.pl

> I am looking for the /html/cgi-bin for the path value but I cannot have it
> appear in the ZIP.

when opening the file with unzip, i see /html/cgi-bin/file.txt
when opening with Winzip on PC i see file.txt under Name and \html\cgi-bin\
under Path

hope this helps
gnarinn