Re: Exim: multiple smarthosts?

In article <[🔎] 20020831151408.GJ5089@mir.germanistik.uni-bonn.de>,
Andre Berger  <andre.berger@web.de> wrote:
>Is it possible to use multiple smarthosts with exim? It's about a
>laptop used in different network environments, and I would like to
>avoid giving root privileges and/or the chance to mess up the
>configuration to inexperienced users.

Everything is possible, but it would take a lot of programming/scripting
work I guess.

Why not ask the admin of your main SMTP gateway to enable SMTP AUTH,
and configure that in exim as well. Then you can use that gateway
from all different environments (provided you can talk to
"the outside world").

Mike.