Re: Reiserfs stability??

#include <hallo.h>
* nate [Fri, Aug 23 2002, 11:18:42AM]:

> >> since reiserfs is the only stable journalling filesystem that I
> >> am aware of for 2.2.x that is why I use it. And it is probably the
> >
> > Then your recherches were not good enough. Ext3 for 2.2.x has been
> > existed for a long while.
> I am aware of that, note that i said STABLE journalling filesystem,
> http://people.spoiled.org/jha/ext3-faq.html
> "There is no development going into ext3 for 2.2 anymore. "
> that FAQ was updated 2002-07-03. Which is not that long ago. I don't

Who cares? It is Yet Another Hey-People-I-Show-U-How-To-Use-EXT3-FAQ,
one of dozens available in the net.

> consider a piece of kernel code that is no longer maintained

*scratch*, *scratch* Why didn't you consider that Ext3 for 2.2.x has not
needed upgrades for a year since there are no important bugs? On the
other hand, ugly things in ReiserFS code come to daylight again and
again, so upgrades are important.

> to be stable, especially something as new as ext3.

Ext3 is not really new. It is based on the codebase of Ext2 of 2.2.x

As of next week, passwords will be entered in Morse code.
                          Frank Knappe in debian-user-de