FunkyScratch, what do you think of that

Hi guys,

I'd like to start a new concept called funky scratch, that would be a
kind of Gentoo over whatever UNIX (for the time being Debian GNU/Linux).
I want the following features :
 - everything should be working as a normal user
 - compile from source
 - possibility of different versions of software for different users on
   the FunkyScratch system

my basic idea is the following
 - each program will be placed under a
   /usr/local/FunkyScratch/apps/$program$/$version$/$flavor$
   the flavor being used for different ./configure, optimisation, etc ...
 - each user will use the system from a
   /usr/local/FunkyScratch/profile/$user$/bin
                                        /include
                                        /lib
   which will be only a tree of symlinks to the
   /usr/local/FunkyScratch/apps directories that can work together : here
   is the big work
   All libraries are so loaded with
   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/...../profile/$user$/bin
 - package system to make that can support :
   - a kind of USE= for those who knows Gentoo
   - optimisation for different processors
   - and all the good stuff from the deb packages

I'm not what we can call a linux guru, so I don't know what are ths cons
and pros of this kind of project. So I'm just asking you guys your
opinion on that thing. I'm thinking of programming that stuff in python,
and using XML for the database.

Please give me your advice

Thanks
Francois

Ps: It's just a last night project idea, so don't expect from me if
that's workable to release an alpha of this in the next months.