Re: Bash Script Problem

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 11:48:22AM -0500, Thomas H. George,,, wrote:
| When I start a script file (test) with #!/bin/bash I get a message:
|
|   bash ./test /bin/bash - bad interpreter: persmission denied.
|
| My syst is woody with kernel 2.4.18.  What is wrong?

First, it is good to avoid choosing a name that conflicts with other
commands.  'test' is both /usr/bin/test and (with bash) a shell
builtin.

Second, is the script executable?  Use 'ls -l ./test' and look for the
'x' characters in the permissions line.  It must be executable to
execute it.

-D

--
The lot is cast into the lap,
but its every decision is from the Lord.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/