udftools

Hello,
At the moment I use the kernel 2.4.17 with the udf file system in the kernel.

I installed  the package udftools and I did :

"dd if=/dev/zero of=udfimage bs=1M count=500" it's ok
"mkudffs udfimage"   ok
"mkdir udfmnt"   ok
"mount -o loop -t udf udfimage udfmnt" doesn't work because loopback device
support is not in my kernel. (I have to recompile it)
But when I will have compile the kernel, will it be possible to write the
file udfimage on my CDRW and will I be able to use it like an hard disck ?

Thanks in advance for your help or for a link where I can find documentation
on this topic.

--
Gerard