Re: Prevent OpenSSH printing its version banner

Jamin W. Collins <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> [2002-08-24 19:01:49 -0500]:
> On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 14:40:00 -0700 (PDT) Mike Mimic <ppagee@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > How can I prevent OpenSSH from printing its
> > version at user connect?
>
> All I'm getting on an ssh connection to any of my machines is the contents
> of the /etc/motd.  Is this perhaps what you are referring to?

Perhaps you are thinking of the .hushlogin feature?

man sshd

LOGIN PROCESS
     When a user successfully logs in, sshd does the following:

           1.   If the login is on a tty, and no command has been specified,
                prints last login time and /etc/motd (unless prevented in the
                configuration file or by $HOME/.hushlogin; see the FILES sec­
                tion).

?

I hate all of the extra stuff at login, just give me the shell prompt
and let me get on with my work, and so I always set up a .hushlogin
file to quiet things down a little.

Bob