XEmacs losing options

Hi,
I can set and save all options in xemacs properly. Only the color printing option is always reset to "Do NOT print color". And as an explanation it says: "This option has been changed outside the customize buffer." The Options->Printing->Color Printing option is greyed out. If I do a "Revert to saved", it reverts to the settings that are in ~/.xemacs/custom.el and I can use the Options->Printing->Color Printing option again. Can anyone tell me from WHERE outside the customize buffer that option is reset and why that is the only option that seems to be affected? That behavior is most strange because color printing is on by default in xemacs usually. What does turn the color printing option off?

Regards,
Volker Sturm