Re: mkswap: warning: truncating swap area to 2097144kB

Think it's just been overtaken by events. After all 1Gb of physical
memory was pretty well unheard of not so long ago.
This 2Gb limit _may_ have been removed more recently, but I'd have
expected someone more knowledgeable to have said so by now if this was
the case.
Linux is said to be less of a VM-thrasher than Windoze. Certainly you
don't seem to get things like needing 400Mb of allocated memory to view
a 40kb web page. And if you did, someone would fix it, unlike Netscape
who ignore every email I send them...

Pigeon