Locally compiling deb's against libgtk2.0-png3

I've been using GDM2 for a while now by getting the source and patches
from hadess.net and compiling on my Athlon. Everything has been working
fine until this transition to libgtk2.0-png3 started. Thankfully, most
everything that I need to have installed now has been recompiled against
png3. Everything except gdm2 that is. What kind of work would I be
looking at to do this? Is it as simple as passing a compiler parameter,
or will I have to manually hack away at the sources? Any info is
appreciated.

-Alex