Re: grub menu item to get to command line

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 08:42:13AM -0700, Michael West wrote:
>      If only I could modify my /etc/fstab from grub I would be set.

Take a look at the thread entitled "choosing which device gets
mounted as root", where I was wondering how to do just that:
changing the GRUB's entries doesn't solve the problem if editing
/etc/fstab does: you cannot edit it before the device gets mounted.
The proposed solution was to use initrd. I have to admit I haven't
tried it out yet. You should take a look at it, I think it should
help you.

andrej

--
echo ${girl_name} > /etc/dumpdates