RE: Can't change to 1024x768

I think "ctl-alt-+" should rotate through different resolutions.

Guang

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael D. Crawford [mailto:mike@goingware.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 9:40 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Can't change to 1024x768

It turned out I got what I wanted when I removed all the available
resolutions but 1024x768.  Before I had also included 800x600 and
640x480.

I'm still curious to know how the default resolution gets set though.

Also, my #1 wish for XFree86 is to be able to dynamically change the
resolution while keeping the desktop the same size as the resolution.
This seems to be architecturally impossible for X11, but both Microsoft
Windows and Mac OS can do it.  This is a different thing from having a
virtual desktop that's larger than the physical resolution.

Best,

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford