VPN tinc, can't connect 2 machines

Hi,
I've been tring to setup a tinc connection on 2 different internet servers.
Both running woody and kernel 2.4.18.
I have both machines with the Universal TAP/TUN modules installed.

I have machine office A and B.
I'm trying to get office A to connect to B, in office A syslog, (after starting
the tincd daemon) it says that its trying to connect to B, but nothing happens
after that. The syslog in office B, just reports that the tincd daemon is ready.

Both machines have the interface setup, and I can ping the tinc interface from
localhost. I have iptables rules wide open, except for masq for the internal
private network.

I believe my tinc.conf and hosts files are setup correctly, but I don't know
how to continue to troubleshoot this. I guess that the syslog would report that
a connection was attempted and succesful, but for now, its just attempting.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this further?

Thanks,
Mike