Re: printing over router

Jule Slootbeek, 2002-Aug-18 18:17 -0400:
> Hey guys,
> i have a router with a printer port on it, so i hooked my printer up to it,
> but i'm not sure what the best way is to get it to work. I've tried CUPS
> and lpr both without success, when i nmap my router is says taht port 515
> is for the printer, how do i incorporate this into the address?
>
> any idaes appreciated, thanks

Are you saying that the router appliance that can also be a
print-server?  If that's the case, you need to read the documentation
on that device to figure out how to use it.

Or, are you saying you have a computer system that you use as a
router, that also has a parallel printer port.  If that's the case,
then are you saying that you installed CUPS and lpr on it to try to
get a functioning print-server and it's not working?

More detailed information is needed, please.

thanks,
jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer