Disabling spelling check highlighting in gnome-spell, w/o disabling spell checking?

Hi all

I recently installed gnome-spell to make the spell checking in evolution
work.  Now it works, except it comes with that pesky real time mistake
highlighting "feature", which unfortunately flags a whole bunch of
unneccesary words in emails.

The only config option I can find controlling this, is to disable spell
checking in the gtk-html capplet, in the gnome control center.  But
this, strangeley enough, causes the pulldown menu option to stop working
too.  What's worse, it pretends to work, it just does not find any
mistakes...

Thanks
Neilen
--
"The only good morning," Stallman growled, "is a dead one."
	--Richard Stallman, as quoted in http://www.crackmonkey.org/travel.html