Question about PAM (sorta)

So, I've read in the archives that pam_stack is considered suboptimal
and that the preferred way is to delete policy files and have a
reasonable default policy. What I want to know, is how do I protect
these files from being reinstated when an upgrade comes along? Can I use
dpkg-divert to divert the files away and leave nothing in their place?
Of course the real underlying question is: how do I set up kerberos
authentication with a minimal amount of maintenance/effort? Modifying
every single policy file that ever comes along seems to be less than
optimal. Thank you for your time.

--
chris jantzen kb7rnl =->         __O
Insert witty comment here.     _`\<,_