Re: What about a file /proc/kcore?

On  0, "R. Bradley Tilley" <rtilley@vt.edu> wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 August 2002 08:25 am, Tom Cook wrote:
> > No, this is a virtual file that contains an image of your currently
> > running kernel.  Possibly your virus checker is seeing an image of
> > itself in kernel memory, including all those virus signatures it
> > loads...
> >
> > This is the second question on this in the last week.  Do we need to
> > have a word to the virus checker implementers?  What virus checkers
> > are there for linux?  What *viruses* are there for linux, anyway?  I
> > have *never* heard of one, *ever*.
>
> Wait a minute. According to some, GNU/Linux *itself* is a virus, and Debian is
> the worst strain.
>
> Before anyone flames me, it's *just* a joke. Remain calm and try to compile
> something.

Hehehe.

> "There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and
> those who do not."

Sweet!  Took me a few seconds to work out, but worth the investment in
time. ;-)

Tom
--
Tom Cook

Classifications of inanimate objects:  Those that don't work, those that break down, and those that get lost.

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au