Re: Extirpating framebuffer

said David Jardine (on 2002-08-10),

> I'd like to have the latest 2.2 kernel but without the
> framebuffer thing.
> Or can I be persuaded that it really is a good thing?

	I don't know about Linux  2.2.x but in  2.4.x you choose from a
list of supported video cards.  If your video card isn't listed you can
try the VESA graphics  console or VGA 16-color graphics console.

	I switched to the FB_VGA_16 the other  day and saw a proper
penguin  graphic  on bootup rather than the weird off-colour  line drawing
I had been getting.  My X display  is _much_  sharper  now, as are my VTs.
Honestly I don't know  how I  ever did  without it.

	HTH,

	Geordie.