Re: packages installed but no longer available

Hi,

> dselect shows these under "Obsolete and local packages present on
> system"; aptitude shows them under "Obsolete and Locally Created
> Packages". Take your pick.
>
> (Remember, apt-get wasn't intended to be the One True Way to all package
> management. aptitude is a real frontend and is much closer to being a
> dselect replacement.)

thanks for the hint! That does the job.
Nethertheless I find it a little troblesome and error prone to
chase through all the subcategories in aptitude to get a
comprehensive list (this may be because I am not familiar with
aptitude). A cute command line option of apt-cache would
just be fine.

Cheers, Thomas