Re: What did I upgrade today?

On Sun, 2002-08-11 at 13:08, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A program (sylpheed-claws) stopped working today. I've upgraded some
> packages, but I know sylpheed-claws
> wasn't one of them. How do I find out which packegs were upgraded, so
> I can investigate which one broke
> sylpheed-claws? Is there some dpkg or apt-cache command (I didn't find it)

No there is no native command to do this.  I have a script that runs as
a cron job every night to record what was changed each day(I run
unstable).  I have this apt-history script set up in /usr/sbin so I can
run it whenever I want.  It is attached.

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."

#!/bin/sh

# Script that writes current list of packages installed
# from /var/lib/dpkg/available to pkgs_woody.current.
# Keeps a history of changes between package versions
# in woody_history.txt.

LISTDIR=/root/debian

cd $LISTDIR
if [ -f 'woody_history.txt.gz' ]; then
        gunzip woody_history.txt.gz
fi
if [ -f 'pkgs_woody.current' ]; then
        mv pkgs_woody.current pkgs_woody.last
        COLUMNS=120 dpkg -l | grep "^i" | cut -b 5- > pkgs_woody.current
        diff -C 0 pkgs_woody.last pkgs_woody.current >> woody_history.txt
fi
gzip woody_history.txt
rm -f pkgs_woody.last

# EOF