Re: Just installed Woody, problem with refresh rate

The actual refresh rate used will depend upon the video card, monitor
and resolution you select.  The configuration file,
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4, contains the information about your video card
and monitor.  If you examine it you should see this information.  In my
case it looks like this -

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Matrox Mystique 220"
	Driver		"mga"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Sony MultiScan 17sf II"
	HorizSync	        31-65
	VertRefresh	50-120
	Option		"DPMS"

You can edit this file manually and enter the correct horizontal and
vertical  refresh frequencies if they are in error.  If you make any
changes you will have to restart the xserver for them to take effect.

Paul Winkler