Re: Re: Virus and file /proc/kcore

Thanks,
I have rebooted the system.  It still comes up with this file being HUGE and when I do a 'df' it shows that partition to be 100% full.  I know that it is only about 45% full the other day.  If the file is not real, should the memory be unavailable?  Perhaps, I have something else going on.  When I run f-prot again with -auto -delete it doesn't find any virus.  If I do it with -noheur it finds the W32.  I have to read a bit more to understand the ins and outs of this.
Thank you for your help.
Another thing.  I have a seperate /usr partition.  Can I wipe the / partition and reinstall it without changing the other partition?
Michael