Re: Kernel 2.4.19 and USB mouse problem

At 1028669142s since epoch (08/06/02 16:25:42 -0400 UTC), thanhvu wrote:
> I recompile kernel 2.4.19 using my old .config (I have used this
> setting for many older kernel versions without any problem).  But
> with this new kernel, my USB mouse doesn't work.  The mouse pointer
> doesn't move in X.

Just smacked into this today.  The config options changed from .18 to
.19, so you'll need to manually add one more option.  I totally missed
it too, and my USB keyboard and mouse didn't work.

You need to enable CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT.  You can just add it to your
config file, right after the other USB HID stuff:

CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT=y

The option didn't exist under 2.4.18, so it didn't migrate over for
2.4.19.

Good luck,

Jason

--