Re: Compiling a new kernel for SMP system

--- Harold Broese van Groenou
<harold_broese@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Can anyone help me out with the following?
>
> As a new linux user I have just installed woody on a
> dual processor server,
> and am aware that I need to recompile the kernel to
> get the second processor
> working. Can anyone help me out with this, or does
> anyone know of a
> document/tutorial/article that covers compiling a
> new kernel and replacing
> the old one?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Harold Broese

{{SNIP}}

Umm, how about installing the smp kernel package?

http://packages.debian.org/stable/base/kernel-image-2.4.18-686-smp.html

Last time I installed on my dual processor machine I
believe the smp kernel was installed by default. What
does ``uname -a'' tell you about the currently running
kernel version?

=====
rascharles@yahoo.com
http://www.charleshbaker.com/~chb/