Replacing j2sdk1.3 with j2sdk1.4.1 ???

OK, I have successfully installed j2sdk1.4.1 from blackdown, without a
DEB, of course ;>

I have another DEB-less app, opennms, that requires it.

I also need tomcat4 to use j2sdk1.4.1.

However, the DEB-way has many little hooks pointing many little
configurations to look for j2sdk1.3.

What is the best way to get everything on my box to use j2sdk1.4.1?

Also, I tried removing j2sdk1.3; but, that left tomcat4 showing in an
ugly state and apt/dpkg thought that it was dependency-sick, too ;<

Is there some slick way for me to create a j2sdk1.4.1.deb and install
it, so that I can remove j2sdk1.3 and all apps will look to j2sdk1.4.1?

Obviously, from the nature of my questions, this is new to me and I
appreciate whatever handholding and howto's that anybody can point out.

What do you think?

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .