Re: tool that monitors specifies and any changes made to them?

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 01:59:33PM -0400, Walter Tautz wrote:
|  A certain file on my system, not part of the debian software proper, that
|  keeps getting its setuid bit turn off. I'd like to know what it
|  is. Looking at the ctime doesn't seem to coincide with known
|  cronjobs...

Run
    chattr +i
on the file and see what program starts whining about it.  That whiny
program is the one you installed to mess with your suid bits.
(mandrake has some such program and it kept on breaking someone's exim
install because it didn't like the suid bit)

-D

--
He who spares the rod hates his son,
but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/