Re: html filtering

Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> on Sat, 03 Aug 2002 01:34:21AM -0700, Paul Johnson insinuated:
> > # Explain to HTML senders why I'm not even bothering.
> > :0 B
> > * ^Content-Type:.text/html*
> > | (formail -rk -i "From: MAILER-DAEMON@ursine.dyndns.org" -A "X-Loop: MAILER-DAEMON@ursine.dyndns.org";\
> > cat ~/text/html ) | $SENDMAIL -t -oi
>
> wow, how many people do you piss off with that one??  or are you just
> not friends out of principle with people who send html email?
>
> i know someone who once auto-replied to every email he got that was in
> any way microsoft (hotmail; outlook) with an auto-response.  now
> *that* pissed people off!  but it was really funny while it lasted.

Funny? To me it's sad that these actions would cause people to be
angered. I mean, at least it's replying, and not ignoring the emails all
together. Is it more friendly to send a courteous message explaining the
rejection or, in the sender's hand, to only send data in a such a way
that expects the remote users to have a similar implementation (many
would say abuse) of "email"?

Sounds like a questionable implementations/use of hotmail/outlook being
handled in a graceful way.

--
Mike Brownlow      - http://www.wsmake.org/~mike/
AI Lab             - http://ailab.uta.edu/