potato -> woody idepci lost scsi and ipchains

Hi,

I installed woody from scratch last week on a box that ran potato
before.  I chose the default idepci flavour as that seemed right for
my old hardware.  Since then some kernel features have been missing
that were there on potato before, but I can't find modules for them
either.

First I noticed that my old SCSI CD ROM drive wasn't accessible.  I
didn't notice immediately because I needed to bootstrap from my IDE CD
writer anyway because the old SCSI BIOS does not allow booting from
CD.  I installed cdrecord for its -scanbus option (and to use the
writer later of course), but it can't find any SCSI bus.  Using strace
reveals all the open("/dev/sg0") etc calls return ENODEV (No such
device).  But under /lib/modules I cannot find a module for my SCSI
host adapter, not even ide-scsi.

Then I tried my old firewall scripts, but ipchains does not seem to work.  Again strace reveals a missing kernel feature:
     setsockopt(3, SOL_IP, 0x45 /* IP_??? */, [...], 9) = -1 ENOPROTOOPT
     (Protocol not available)

There are suspiciously few modules in /lib/modules/2.2.20-idepci: in
directory net/ only 63 versus 128 before in /lib/modules/2.2.19, and
no scsi/ directory at all.  In total (find . | wc) only 130 files and
directories in the tree versus 511 before.

What is going on here?  Why are most modules missing?  Are they in a
separate package now?  (I cannot remember exactly how I installed
potato.  That was years ago.  But I don't think I had to install the
modules separately.)

Cheers,
Marco