Re: automatic Firewall start/stop

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 13:31, Richard Weil wrote:
> Could someone send me an example, or provide a
> detailed explanation, of how to integrate a firewall
> start/stop script into the appropriate networking
> scripts, so that the firewall is automatically started
> and stopped on (re)boot and shutdown? Most
[snip]

I will assume that you don't actually care if your iptables rules are
cleared out when your system is powered off... There are a couple ways
to do it. One is to put a link to your script in /etc/rcS.d another is
to put a line like "up /path/to/script" in /etc/network/interfaces.
There are of course other ways, but those are the most "debian" ways to
do it, I think. (corrections welcome, of course)

-Mark