A1200 problem update please read!!

Hi all, thank you for replying

Unfortunatly i haven't made my problem clear, which is totally down to myself. I downloaded the disks like i said, but this black screen is part of the install process. In the installation guide, it say that the AmigaOS will bring up a shell window. I'll then be required to press return twice, as it goes through checking the system. After that is will flick to a grey screen then finally a black screen with some debugging code. The code is supposed to scroll up the screen really fast. And then Linux installation will continue.

But all i'm getting is the black screen and no text, so anyone have any idea's. Or Does anyone have an actually contact email for someone from Debian. I'd really like to get this OS on my machine.
Thanks
James