Re: saving cookies

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 04:09:19PM -0500, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

> I can't seem to save cookies. I do have a ~./lynx_cookies file, and  that is my
> cookie file and my cookiee save file according to my lynx.cfg. I
> have accept-all-cookies selected.
> Persistent_cookies is set to TRUE.
> But whenever I look at lynx_cookies, it is empty even though I am trying to use
> sites that would save cookies.
>
> what am I missing here?
> Am using testing version of debian with lynx-ssl.
> Thanks.

Knowing for certain whether you are being presented with a persistent
cookie is worth finding out.  Press ^K after you have accepted a cookie
from a site which you think wants to save cookies to disk.  Look for
`Maximum Gobble Date'.

If it specifies a date and time like this `Sun Sep 7 00:50:08 2014',
then it is a persistent cookie and it should be saved from memory to
~/.lynx_cookies when you close your browser.

However, if it says `End of session' the cookie is discarded from
memory on closing lynx but not saved to ~/lynx_cookies.

Brian.