Re: the older debian user; Debian Senior

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 10:19:38PM -0700, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 05:22:55PM -0400, Bob Hilliard wrote:
> > Dan Jacobson <jidanni@dman.ddts.net> writes:
> > > Are they serious about that <small> font on their webpage.
>
> Well, that is why I read as much on Linux console.  That's the easiest
> font on the earth :)  links/lynx/w3m rocks.
>
> >      I met this problem by getting a 21" monitor.
>
> Hmmm ... good idea.  My 9 year old 17 inch monitor is getting blurry....
> well maybe my eyes .... anyway time to ask my wife a gift ....
>
> >      I don't think you qualify as an "older debian user".  I'm two
> > months short of 76, and don't plan to quit soon.
>
> Darn, you are my dad's age. I am only 45.
>
> >      Exercise is said to be good for the brain.  ;-)
>
> True.  Let's think like young and act maturely :)

I'll be 70 in December. About age 50, I started noticing that I
couldn't remember the right word for something. A few years ago I
realized that these were words that I had no idea existed when I was
30. Or maybe I learned them in college, but forgot. The problem with
ageing is that you remember to much. This is especially a problem in
employment where, in the workplace, fads go in cycles. Low level
managers don't know how to handle an employee who remembers the last
time that idea was a fad.

I remember 6L6, and 6AK5. Its time to move on.

paul

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@quiknet.com