Woody, Roaring Penguin PPPoE, dyndns.org, and ddclient wierdness

I'm experiencing authentication failures and some other wierdness with dyndns.org
and ddclient on my woody system that uses dsl and pppoe.  Is anyone else
experiencing this?

I can log into their site with my userid and password, but the same id/password
fails for automated updates via ddclient.  I've checked, rechecked, deleted
and re-entered, made sure there are no extra spaces, etc.  . . . .

Is there another dyndns.org client that supports their nic2 protocol that
is distributed as a debian package?

TIA

madmac

--