galeon `relocation error'

I've been upgrading a group of machines from potato to woody and for
the most part the process has been very smooth.

On these machines, I've been replacing netscape with mozilla and
galeon from current woody. Mostly that's gone smoothly.

On one machine, though, (and one only) galeon refuses to start, giving
this error-message:

/usr/bin/galeon-bin: relocation error: /usr/bin/galeon-bin: undefined symbol: gtk_style_get_prop_experimental

I've tried various things---(1) cleaning out old galeon configurations
(2) different window-managers (sawfish, wmaker, asclassic), (3)
(3) different users, including root, dpkg-reconfigure galeon.

As far as I can tell, I have all the required gtk libraries from woody
and I also have the mozilla-browser and mozilla-psm packages from
woody.

A Google search revealed a variety of `relocation error' messages from
Galeon, but nothing on this gtk-related one. Many such errors seem to
be caused by the existence of old mozilla libraries, but the only
mozilla packages on this system are mozilla-browser and mozilla-psm
from woody. I don't see anything relevant in the Debian bugs archive.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks very much,

Jim McCloskey