printing landscape PDFs

Hi there,

I'm having difficulties with downloaded PDFs (presumably created with MS
software) which are sort-of-landscape but not really.  They appear to be
formatted, instead of letter landscape, as 11x8.5in portrait.  They
render fine with gv, ggv, etc., but I can't print the little beasts
because they come out printed portrait and truncated at the right
margin.  I've tried manually specifying landscape in gv and ggv, but the
result is a mess.  I can't find a way to specify rotation as an option
on lprng's lpr.

This must be a common issue, as there are a lot of such PDFs out on the
Web.  What workarounds have been found?  Am I missing something obvious?

(Setup FWIW: woody/i386, lprng/foomatic/ghostscript)

--
Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology

Ash nazg durbatul�k, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatul�k agh burzum-ishi krimpatul