Re: ASUS P4S333 SIS 650 SIS 7012

On 31 Jul 2002, Crispin Wellington wrote:

> the SiS 7012 Audio is a  C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738. If so you will
> need the 'cmpci' kernel module (run modconf, go to the sound section,

I have a similar board.  Sound works with the cmpci module.

I would like to have a mixer.  I assume I need a sound card,
if this is the case:  What PCI card is recommended?  Low end
preferably -- I was happy with an ISA SB16 and us$15 speakers.

If I don't need more hardware clue me in on what I'm missing.

rob                     Live the dream.