Re: Holiday arrangements

* Patrick Wiseman (pwiseman@mindspring.com) [020731 05:51]:
> On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Richard Kimber wrote:
>
> > What is the best policy for members of the list who have limited mail
> > accounts at their ISP and who want to go away on holiday for more than a
> > few days?
>
> I was just away for 2 weeks and unsubscribed for that period.

I agree. I did the same for a week.

> > I should appreciate some advice, especially in the light of reported
> > difficulties in unsubscribing.
>
> I didn't have any difficulty doing it; if you do, then obviously that's
> not going to be the solution.  Maybe leave a machine on (I know, bad
> idea) running fetchmail?

I think unsubscribing is the Right Answer, but if it's wrong for you,
can you do any sort of filtering on that ISP mailbox? If you can set up
a filter to just plonk those mailing list messages in the bitbucket
while you're gone, at least they'll only waste bandwidth but not space
in your mailbox (against your quota).

good times,
Vineet
--