Re: Root login in graphical enviroment

Crispin Wellington wrote:

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 16:41, Vassilis Grigoriadis wrote:
Hi, i am new to linux. I installed(let's say so) the latest woody edition of debian and when it starts i can't log in as root in the graphical enviroment.
Can anyone tell me what can i do to permit the root to login?

No solution, but you should be able to (all things being equal ;) run
root X applications from your normal user desktop like...

ssh -X root@localhost programmename

where programmename is the application name. There are only a few admin
applications you will want to run any way. So don't go ssh -X
root@localhost mozilla. That's just asking for trouble :)

Crispin

That's interesting . . . . I thought Debian didn't allow ssh connections as root, or was that just for telnet?

Thanks!

Kent