Re: Full-screen editor in /bin

    Patrick> as unintuitive - I just want to _edit_ for gods' sake and
    Patrick> it opens with all this information about buffers and
    Patrick> stuff in _exactly_ the place where I expect to be
    Patrick> entering my text.  So, I start entering text, and it
    Patrick> tells me "This buffer is for notes you don't want to
    Patrick> save, and for Lisp evaluation."  Huh?  This is _not_
    Patrick> intuitive.  (And when I do what it tells me - C-x C-f -
    Patrick> it leaves me in that buffer.)

What's so hard about "emacs <filename>"?  ^_^

But you're talking to a born-and-bred emacs user...  ^_^

But I think for your question, nano was what that was supposed to be
for, I believe.  There was ae, but that got replaced by nano, which is
in /usr/bin...  So at the moment, it seems that there isn't any editor
in /bin...

Good Luck.

Marshal