Re: automatic security updates

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 16:22:11 -0400
"R. Bradley Tilley" <rtilley@vt.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How does one automate security updates. I'm assuming this is done by
> setting up a cron job to run apt-get upgrade nightly to check for the
> latest packages... Is this right?

I would prefer cron, too.
Another nice way is described in this newsgroup yesterday or some days
ago. Topic was: "script to do nightly dist-upgrade"

But you should tell apt to answer all question by itself. Do you really
need an automatic update. What about an automatic mail which reminds you
to upgrade your system? :-)

ciao
Walde