Re: dvorak keyboard

nori@sccs.swarthmore.edu said:
> 1. i can get it working in console mode fine (`loadkeys dvorak` does
>    the trick), but can't seem to make it work with X.  do i need a
>    different command / keymap / &c.?

these will come in handy, especially if different people will use the
same keyboard:

alias aoeu='if [ $DISPLAY ]; then setxkbmap us; else loadkeys us; fi'
alias asdf='if [ $DISPLAY ]; then setxkbmap dvorak; else loadkeys dvorak; fi'

> 2. does anyone out there use it?  was it hard to switch?  can you now
>    type both layouts?  was it worth it to switch?  how long did it
>    take to retrain?

yes, it was worth it. My hands feel better and I type faster. I can
still type qwerty, but I do it so rarely it's less than half of my
former qwerty speed.

Jason