Re: script to do nightly dist-upgrade

Ben Thompson wrote:
Hello,

I currently use a script to to a dist upgrades during the night:-

#! /bin/bash
#
pon ntl && sleep 35 && apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade -dy && poff && poweroff

The trouble is: sometimes my internet connection times out and apt-get exits with errors, and the poff and poweroff commands never get called. Could someone advise how to modify the script to esure that the last two commands always get called even if apt-get fails?

Thanks, Ben Thompson.

until (pon ntl && sleep 35 && apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade -dy); do echo; done; poff && poweroff