leafnode

I'm having problems with leafnode.  It complains:-

Leafnode must have a fully-qualified and globally unique domain name, not
just "infinity". Edit your /etc/hosts file to add a unique, fully
qualified domain name. "localhost.localdomain" or thereabouts will not
work; it's qualified, but not unique.

My problem is I don't know what to put in /etc/hosts.  At the moment I
have:
127.0.0.1	infinity	localhost

But "infinity is just an arbitrary hostname entered at installation.  I
assumed I could call my machine what I wanted.  My real, unique,  hostname
is XXXXX.ntlworld.com, where XXXXX is set by my ISP, but is liable to
change.  On average it has changed about once in three weeks.
Infinity.ntlworld.com may be unique (how does leafnode tell? what actually
happens when several people use the same one?) but no such machine
actually exists.

Is there a way of configuring leafnode to find out the real fully
qualified
domain name itself?

Thanks,
- Richard