Re: iptables and identd

-> I'm looking to limit requests to my identd server to only those servers
-> who already have an active connection.  For example, if a user is
-> connecting to an IRC server, identd would work correctly because there is
-> already an active connection initiated by my server/network.  However, if
-> someone is probing my ports, I'd like to drop the request (or perhaps
-> reject).  I'm running Linux 2.4.18 w/ iptables.  Can anyone help?

either allow ident only for irc servers, or ask maintainers to report ident
only for connectiond made from your computer. I am not sure if linux kernel
supports this.

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 "One World. One Web. One Program." - Microsoft promotional advertisement